Below we outline some late-breaking news that didn’t make it into our January Communications post.
2017 PEP and CFE Pass Rates
CPA Canada recently released 2017 pass rates for the CPA PEP examinations and the Common Final Examination (CFE).
The document with the national examination performance rates can be found here.
New Exam Software
In 2017, the CPA profession started the process of reviewing the technology students and candidates use for writing examinations. At the end of this review process, a new software vendor was selected, and the new software will be implemented later this year. The table below shows the planned implementation schedule.
|Exam Session||Date||Exam software|
|CPA preparatory courses|
|2018 Semester 1||February 23 and 24, 2018||Securexam|
|2018 Semester 2||May 25 and 26, 2018||Securexam|
|2018 Semester 3||September 7 and 8, 2018||New exam software|
|2018 Semester 4||November 30 and December 1, 2018||New exam software|
|2018 Winter||March 28 and 29, 2018||Securexam|
|2018 Spring||July 4 and 5, 2018||Securexam|
|2018 CFE||September 12, 13, 14, 2018||Securexam|
|2018 Summer||September 26 and 27, 2018||Securexam|
|2018 Fall||December 19 and 20, 2018||New exam software|
|National Exam||May 25, 2018||Securexam|
|National Exam||September 7, 2018||New exam software|
The CPA profession is committed to ensuring that you will have sufficient time and resources to familiarize yourself with the new software throughout the implementation process. You can expect additional communications about the changes, including the name of the new software, in July and October 2018.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact:
Extended CPA PEP Core 1 Pilot
In 2018, CPAWSB will test an extended offering of CPA PEP Core 1 designed to accommodate candidates who are unable to dedicate the time required to complete the module following the standard eight- week schedule.
This pilot offering comprises the same content and structure delivered over approximately 16 weeks, providing candidates additional flexibility to manage their module and personal commitments.
Registration in the extended offering is available to anyone who has been admitted into CPA PEP and not yet successfully completed Core 1; however, please note:
- Module registration for the standard and extended module offerings closes in My CPA Portal on March 5, 2018.
- To register in the standard Core 1 module, select the Spring session.
- To register in the extended Core 1 module, select the Summer session.
- Candidates cannot switch between the standard and extended offerings of Core 1 after the registration period closes.
- The extended core 1 module cannot be taken concurrently with any other module.
- Workshop locations for extended module workshop (August 11 and 12, 2018) will depend on the number of registration in each city. When registering, please indicated which in-person location you would prefer to attend.
If you have any questions about the extended Core 1 pilot, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org